CROATIAN HISTORY
MUSEUM

Map of Velika Kladuša and its Surroundings

Imperial and Royal Military Geographical Institute, Vienna, from 1850 to 1900

Paper, print; 41.3 x 55.5 cm; , tisak; 41,3 × 55,5 cm; scale: expressed in paces (2,000 paces); u. l.: stamp with provenance: ‘ARHEOL.-HISTOR. / NAR. MUZEJ / ZAGREB’; title: ‘Umgebung / der / FESTE VELIKA-KLADUŠA.’; note on elevation labels Glavica and Komesarac: ‘Anmerkung. Die beigesetzten Höhencöten sind nach Glavica und Komesarac verläfslich bestimmt’; l. l.: note: ‘Die Occupation Bosniens u.der Hercegovina’; u. r.: label: ‘Tafel XXI.’; l. r.: smaller map depicting the battle near Spić: ‘Skizze / des / GEBIETES von SPIZZA (Spić)’

Inherited from the Archaeology and History Department of the National Museum in Zagreb

HPM/PMH-9634

Map of Velika Kladuša with its surroundings. In October 1878, during the Austro-Hungarian occupation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the 1st Jäger Battalion from Terezín (Bohemia) captured the fortress in Velika Kladuša.

Sources / literature: Tominac: 2020, p. 265
error: Sadržaj je zaštićen!

Hrvatski povijesni muzej

Croatian History Museum